- SAVE THE DATE
Thursday 12 October, London
- SAVE THE DATE
Thursday 12 October. London
Terms & conditions
We may restrict access to parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who are registered members of the BIA.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please click here
Thank you for visiting our site.
www.bioindustry.org is the website of the BioIndustry Association, registered in England and Wales under company number 1889626 and operating from its registered office at:
- 7th Floor, Southside, 105 Victoria Street, London SW1E 6QT.
- Telephone: 020 7630 2194
- Fax: 020 7900 2443
The BIA makes no warranties, representations or undertakings about:
- any of the content of this website (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content); or
- any content of any other website (third party website) referred to or accessed by hypertext link through this website.
Where our site contains links to third party websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. The BIA does not endorse or approve the content of any third party site and has no control over the contents of those sites or resources. The BIA accepts no responsibility for, nor liability in connection with, them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them (including, but not limited to, liability arising out of any allegation that the content of any third party website infringes any law or the rights of any person or entity).
The BIA aims to update this website regularly and may change the content at any time. However, any of the material may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Access to the website is permitted on a temporary basis and, if the need arises, the BIA may suspend the website or close it indefinitely without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, the website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We have used reasonable endeavours to ensure that this website complies with UK laws, but cannot ensure that it is appropriate for use in territories outside the UK. Those who visit the site from other territories are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
The BIA does not guarantee that the functions or materials accessible from or contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or faults. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the website and is compatible with the site. You are also responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks to satisfy your requirements.
In circumstances where you suffer loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of the website, the BIA accepts no liability for this loss or damage. To the extent permitted by law, we and third parties connected to us, hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Notwithstanding the above, if we are liable to you for any reason, our liability will be limited to £200. This limit does not apply to any liability we may have for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or from our fraudulent misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter.
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our website although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Any enquiries should be directed here
The contents of these pages are copyright BIA and as such are protected. You may download to a local hard disk and print extracts from this website for your personal use. You may also recopy downloaded extracts to others provided you do not do so for profit, and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our website.
However, reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited unless for personal use. None of the content of this website may be copied or otherwise incorporated into or stored in any other website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work in any form (whether hard copy, electronic or other).
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
You retain the ownership rights for your contributions and grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, trade marks, database rights and intellectual property rights you have in the contributions, in any media known now or in the future. In addition, you waive all moral rights you have in the contributions to the fullest extent permitted by law. You represent and warrant that you are entitled to grant such a licence to us.
BioIndustry Association, BIA and the accompanying logos and all other BIA logos or project names are our registered or unregistered trade marks and/or other intellectual property of the BIA. You may not copy, use or reproduce these without our written consent.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our website must always be acknowledged. For the avoidance of doubt, framing of this website or any part of it is not permitted without express permission
Notwithstanding the above, caching of this website is permitted by an information service provider acting in the normal course of its business as provided for in the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002.
Any enquiries should be directed here
Transactions Concluded Through Our Website
Contracts for the supply of goods or services formed through our website or as a result of visits made by you are governed by our usual terms and conditions of supply and our usual booking terms for the provision of services.
Uploading Material To Our Website
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our website, such as embedding videos and documents in blogs, or to make contact with other users of our site or online communities, you must comply with our content standards at set out below. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. You grant other users of the website a non-exclusive license to view any material you post or upload to the website. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our website.
If, in our opinion, material or posting(s) you make on our website do(es) not comply with our stated content standards, we may take some or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs on a solicitor and client basis) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. These responses are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our website (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of these standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
Your contributions must:
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Your contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is misleading or unreliable.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Please let us know immediately if you have any other concerns about material posted to the site please contact us here
Linking to our website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with our content standards as set out below.
If you wish to make any use of material on our website other than that set out above, please address your request here
The BIA may from time to time provide interactive services on our website, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
- Blogs, wikis, comments and ratings.
Where we do provide an interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our website, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Viruses, Hacking And Other Offences
You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you may commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. The BIA will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of any breach of this provision, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
The BIA will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
You may use our website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam), or for your own commercial or business purposes.
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our website in contravention of the provisions of these terms of website use; and
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our website;
- any equipment or network on which our website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.