- SAVE THE DATE
Thursday 12 October, London
- SAVE THE DATE
Thursday 12 October. London
The BIA is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of visitors to its website, and will use its best endeavors to safeguard the privacy of its users.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our website.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, www.bioindustry.org. This includes information provided at the time of becoming a BIA member, registering to use our website or booking a place at an event or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Information or material that you post or contribute to our site.
- A record of any correspondence generated through the website
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site.
- We also collect information automatically about your visit to our site. This information is used to help us follow browsing preferences on our site so that we can regularly improve our website. (For example: traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.)
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To maintain our organisational records.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To allow you to participate in any BIA online communities and to display your profile and information about you on the website.
- To supply to third parties as outlined below.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email, post or telephone. If you decide you would like to receive these e-mails, it is possible that they will be sponsored by third parties approved by us, so their details will appear on the e-mail. We do not release your email address to third parties.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If do not wish to be contacted by the BIA, please specify this by emailing us here (otherwise you will continue to be contacted by us).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the BIA or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its members and customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Our website may contain links to and from the websites of our members, partners and other parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Data Protection Act 1988 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is the BioIndustry Association of 7th Floor, Southside, 105 Victoria Street, London SW1E 6QT.
If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on our use of the information, please contact us here